Saturday, June 25, 2005

Distance education courses

saturday morning i m usualy very happy. I visit nearby temple and receive god's blessings.

But this morning i feel very different. NOt that i didnt go to temple today. But it is an email that i received from one of the consultants in bangalore. They were seeking candidates having good experenice for one of the big companies. The requirement was a regular degree.

My father was not that rich to fund my higher education. He did whatever was possible by him and I am really proud of him. I was very much interested in computers since my eight class. It was those days when computers had started appearing gradually in schools. I would bunk classes sometimes to go and sit in the lab to see how things worked and really got introduced to programming.

But there was no one to guide me to the right career. I didnt know anything happenign outside my school premises. It was unlike today when you have more exposure to print media and internet.

I chose commerce (dont know why.. ) and did by B.com from delhi university. I kept pursuing my interest in computers. Soon my brother bought a computer for 43000/- ( an intel 486 ;)). I did a course from NIIT and straight away got into job. My father was retired by then and didnt have enough money to pursue a regular PG course. So i opted for a distance education course (MCA) from one of the prestigious university.

I spend 45000 on it and going to finish it next month. But I am now getting too much worried when I see some emails from consutants seekign graduates who have done full regular course!..

I have to sign off now . but i need to open my mind and thoughts to this topic in the coming few blogs.

honestblogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home