Thursday, June 23, 2005

make a FREE call with skype

I am feeling myself brave today. The reason- i am just two days punctual in blogging. I dont know what happens to me sometimes. I wake up with great ideas in my mind to blog about. But it seems to fade away through the normal breakfast in the morning and reading newpaper.

Today i would like to speak about a wonderful piece of software called skype. This is not a technical blog pst at all. This is for those, whose beloved are living abroad and want to speak to them. In the age of telephones and mobile phones, we usually do not give enough attention to the existing alternatives.

On sunday i happened to voice chat with one of my previous neighbour who is currenly in california. I use yahoo messenger for chatting and the voice was breaking too often due to slow server and sometimes there was a big lag. And ah! suddenly my friend realized that there was a better alternative. SKYPE!. He asked me to download the software and try it. Once installed, it will act like a telephone through which you can dial any number around the world. Well many might think that this is a paid serivice. You are not wrong. It is indeed paid. But wait.. there is a good news too.. If you do not want to make hole in your pocket then there is a FREE side to skype. You can dial your friend's computer from your computer and have a voice conversation absolutely FREE!!!!. eureka!!! And belive me it was amazing. I didnt have any voice break and it was more clear than the long distance telephone call which often has huge lags!.

I spoke with one of my chat friends for as long as 10 minutes and it was a wonderful feeling. All that you need to have in order to use skype is a computer with a minimum dial up internet connection. You can download skype from www.skype.com

happy SKYPEnig guys! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home